I attended the INCITS T10 (SCSI) meeting on January 13 to 16 in a warm and sunny Orange County. The highlights of the meeting:
- One of my perennial favorites, Atomic Writes and Reads (13-064r8) was passed in the CAP committee meeting with 11 yes and 3 no votes, but when it was reviewed in the plenary meeting, it failed to pass with 4 yes and 8 no votes. Back to the drawing board.
- SPC-4 Letter ballot comment resolution (13-256r3) continued, with some 800 comments remaining to be resolved.
- Work began in earnest on the Zoned Block Commands (ZBC 14-051r3) specification for SCSI zoned block devices, notably those employing shingled write.
My complete notes for the meeting can be found here.
Storage Visions 2014 Conference
I had the opportunity to attend the well attended Storage Visions 2014 conference in Las Vegas last week, right before CES hit. I gave a SNIA Tutorial on secure storage and you can find the slides here.
Meeting Date Location
Storage Visions Conference 1/4/2014 Las Vegas, NV
T10 1/13/2014 Irvine, CA
SNIA Technical Symposium 1/27/2014 San Jose, CA
IETF 2/2/2014 London, England
T11 2/3/2014 New Orleans, LA
T13 2/18/2014 Irvine, CA
T10 3/10/2014 New Orleans, LA
SNIA Technical Symposium 3/17/2014 Miami, FL
T11 3/31/2014 Scottsdale, AZ
T13 4/22/2014 Boise, ID
T10 5/5/2014 Vancouver, BC
SNIA Technical Symposium 5/13/2014 Austin, TX
T11 6/2/2014 Philidelphia, PA
T13 6/17/2014 Longmont, CO
T10 7/14/2014 Colorado Srings, CO
IETF 7/20/2014 Vancouver, BC
SNIA Technical Symposium 7/21/2014 Portland, OR
T11 8/4/2014 Anchorage, AK
Flash Memory Summit 8/5/2014 Santa Clara, CA
T13 8/19/2014 San Jose, CA
T10 9/8/2014 Westborough, MA
IDF 9/9/2014 San Francisco, CA
SNIA Storage Developer 9/15/2014 Santa Clara, CA
T11 10/6/2014 Cour d’Alene, ID
T13 10/21/2014 Sacramento, CA
T10 11/3/2014 Northern California
IETF 11/9/2014 Honolulu, HI
SNIA Technical Symposium 11/17/2014 San Diego, CA
T11 12/1/2014 Saint Petersburg, FL
T13 12/9/2014 Redmond, WA”
January 2014 will be a busy month for storage standards and for my schedule! Here are the highlights:
- Storage Visions Conference, January 5 and 6, Las Vegas, NV. There will be a special SNIA tutorial session on Saturday, January 4 where I’ll be presenting my presentation on Practical Secure Storage.
- INCITS T10 (SCSI) Meeting Week, January 13-16, Irvine, CA. I’ll be attending as a visitor for this meeting.
- SNIA 2014 Winter Symposium, January 27-30, San Jose, CA. The Non-Volatile Memory Programming (NVMP) technical working group will be meeting, as well as a summit on NVM technologies. More information to follow as the scheduled get worked out.
Best wishes to all for a happy and prosperous new year!
This is the home site for Hubis Technical Services. Hubis Technical Associates was formed to provide storage standards consulting services to allow technology organizations to benefit from standards participation and to further the quality and effectiveness of all storage standards.
This blog will examine current issues and developments in the world of storage standards with up to date information. There will also be discussions around new and emerging computer storage technologies.